11.08.23software development awards
SMALL/MEDIUM IOWA TECHNOLOGY COMPANY OF THE YEAR
Yep, you heard that right! We at Shift are honored to receive the 2023 Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) Small/Medium Iowa Technology Company of the Year at this year's Prometheus awards. Our team has put in immense effort this year and is humbled to receive this recognition because of it. A year ago, we took the leap to establish our own company, and our entire team remained with us, placing their trust in our vision. We're excited to see what the future holds!
Press Release from TAI:
For Immediate Release
Nick Donovan, Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Technology Association of Iowa
The Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) Reveals the 2023 Prometheus Awards Winners
DES MOINES, Iowa (November 2, 2023) – The Technology Association of Iowa revealed the winners of the 2023 Prometheus Awards this evening at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center in Des Moines.
The annual Prometheus Awards unites innovators and leaders from technology, business, education, and government organizations across the state to gather to celebrate the year's most momentous achievements in technology.
The awards were judged by a panel of distinguished technology leaders from across the state. The complete award winners list:
2023 Startup Technology Company of the Year
- Winner: revology
- Based in Iowa City, revology is a technology-enabled healthcare revenue cycle management (RCM) firm. Their tech smart-from-the-start strategy enables them to break through conventional barriers and empower each revologist to drive a higher standard of revenue cycle performance.
2023 IT Service Provider Technology Company of the Year
- Winner: Iowa State University Digital Ag Innovation Lab
- Game-changing agricultural technology advancements are being developed at the Iowa State University (ISU) Digital Ag Innovation Lab. They provide technical assistance for 25 Iowa companies for innovative product development, research, and development projects in 16 counties.
2023 Software Development Technology Company of the Year
- Winner: Kingland Systems
- Kingland is a leading provider of enterprise-class software solutions using its Kingland Platform and teams of data and technology experts. The world's largest stock exchanges, financial institutions, public accounting firms, and other Fortune 500 companies use the Kingland Platform for data management, risk management, and regulatory compliance. Since 1992, Kingland has helped data-intensive, highly-regulated clients discover new ways to securely grow their business and protect their reputation.
2023 AgTech & BioTech Company of the Year
- Winner: GlobalVetLink
- As the pioneer and leader in digital animal health and movement compliance, GlobalVetLink (GVL) helps veterinarians improve accuracy and reduce the time-consuming administration related to regulatory compliance. The GVL platform provides an intelligent online solution to streamline the creation and management of digital animal health information, resulting in improved efficiency and accuracy for regulatory compliance.
2023 Manufacturing Technology Company of the Year
- Winner: Danfoss Power Solutions
- Danfoss engineers solutions that increase machine productivity, reduce emissions, lower energy consumption, and enable electrification. The Danfoss campus in Ames opened in 1971 and is part of the Danfoss Power Solutions (DPS) business segment that designs, manufactures, and sells solutions for transmission and control of mechanical functions on mobile and industrial equipment.
2023 FinTech & InsurTech Company of the Year
- Winner: Co-op Solutions
- Co-op Solutions is the market-leading financial technology ecosystem built by and for credit unions. A proven innovator for more than 40 years, they help credit unions become their members’ primary financial relationship through the most reliable, secure, digital-first payments experience for the modern member.
2023 Creative Technology Solution of the Year
- Winner: ITA Group
- ITA Group delivers custom-crafted global engagement solutions that motivate and inspire employees, channel partners and customers. With operations globally and throughout the U.S., ITA Group designs unique business strategies and experiences that create connections, motivate audiences and drive purposeful change for some of the world's biggest brands.
2023 Best Technology Company Culture of the Year
- Winner: Principal Financial Group®
- Principal Financial Group® is a global financial company with 19,500 employees passionate about improving the wealth and well-being of people and businesses. In business for more than 140 years, we’re helping more than 61 million customers plan, protect, invest, and retire, while working to support the communities where we do business, and build a diverse, inclusive workforce. Principal® is proud to be recognized as one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere, a member of the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, and a “Best Places to Work in Money Management.
2023 Technology Community of the Year
- Winner: Altoona
- Altoona is located in Polk County, Iowa, about five miles from Des Moines. Altoona houses approximately 20,000 residents and has one of the lowest city tax rates in the metro area. The city offers many large city amenities but with small-town quality and convenience.
The Altoona community has experienced significant growth and innovation that truly sets it apart. Home to the data centers of Lightedge Solutions and Meta, Altoona’s tech initiatives extend well beyond data centers. Other notable projects include a citywide fiber project to improve connectivity, the police department's Intranet transformation to improve communication, and the Maker Hub Technology Center at the Altoona Public Library to nurture the next generation of tech professionals. Altoona's tech achievements are remarkable, propelling this community toward a brighter, more innovative future.
2023 Emerging Technology Leader of the Year
- Winner: Scott Krolak, Casey's
- Scott Krolak is the Senior Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations, IT Store Infrastructure at Casey’s.
Casey’s is a Fortune 500 company operating over 2,500 convenience stores. Founded more than 50 years ago, the company has grown to become the third-largest convenience store retailer and the fifth-largest pizza chain in the United States. Casey’s provides freshly prepared foods, quality fuel and friendly service at its locations. Guests can enjoy pizza, donuts, other assorted bakery items, and a wide selection of beverages and snacks.
2023 CEO of the Year
- Winner: Steven Davis, Bio::Neos
- Steven Davis is the Owner and President of Bio::Neos, Inc.
Bio::Neos, Inc. is a life sciences software company providing customized software solutions and bioinformatics data analysis to researchers. Based at the Oakdale Research Park in Coralville, Bio::Neos works with local and remote clients to provide their services across the nation. Bio::Neos specializes in data management, web applications, custom databases, mobile apps, custom software solutions, and high throughput bioinformatics data analysis.
2023 CIO/CTO/CISO of the Year
- Winner: Kathy Kay, Principal Financial Group®
- Kathy Kay is the Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Principal Financial Group®.
Principal Financial Group® is a global financial company with 19,500 employees passionate about improving the wealth and well-being of people and businesses. In business for more than 140 years, we’re helping more than 61 million customers plan, protect, invest, and retire, while working to support the communities where we do business, and build a diverse, inclusive workforce. Principal® is proud to be recognized as one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere, a member of the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, and a “Best Places to Work in Money Management.
2023 UHY Impact Award
- Winner: Debi Durham, Iowa Economic Development Authority
The UHY Impact Award honors outstanding individuals or organizations making an impact on the growth, success, and sustainability of Iowa’s technology culture.
Debi is a longtime economic and community development innovator who serves as Executive Director of the Iowa Economic Development Authority and the Iowa Finance Authority. Debi was named to the position by Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds in January 2019. She was first appointed to lead IEDA in 2011 and has transformed the agency into a successful public-private partnership, landing billion-dollar economic development projects for Iowa and working tirelessly to expand trade and investment opportunities to secure future growth for the state. Debi is passionate about building coalitions, supporting new ventures, and strengthening the state’s industries and communities. Her impact has been monumental, and we are fortunate for her service to our communities across Iowa.
2023 Small/Medium Iowa Technology Company of the Year
- Winner: Shift Interactive
- Shift Interactive builds technologies that accelerate, simplify and redefine the way you do business. From established companies to startups, they partner with all types to invent mobile and web software development solutions that set the trend.
2023 Principal® Large Iowa Technology Company of the Year
- Winner: SHAZAM
- SHAZAM is the only nationwide independent, member-owned debit network, processor and core provider supporting financial institutions. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Iowa, SHAZAM is a leader in payments and financial technology, with a simple mission: Strengthening financial institutions.
The 2023 Prometheus Awards are proudly sponsored by:
● Presenting Sponsor: UHY
● Excellence Sponsor: Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA)
● Preferred Event Production Provider: Bow & Arrow Communications
● Award Sponsors: Aureon, CIRAS, Dentons Davis Brown, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., Google, Lean TECHniques, Next Level Ventures, Nyemaster Goode, P.C., Principal Financial Group, ProCircular, Renew Rural Iowa, Trility Consulting
● Partner Sponsors: Carrier Access, SHAZAM
About the Technology Association of Iowa (TAI)
Founded in 1997, The Technology Association of Iowa is a statewide, member-based organization focused on building and uniting Iowa's technology community. TAI advances the tech industry through engaging programming, premier events, talent development, driving public policy, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion to lead Iowa forward.
Get involved at www.technologyiowa.org and follow us on X, formerly known as Twitter, and on LinkedIn.